ABOUT M-A Athletic Boosters
- Menlo-Atherton is the largest school in our district, but receives the same amount of total athletic funding as the smaller schools.
- Boosters has a long history of providing funding for a wide range of athletic programs at M-A
- Through our fundraising efforts, Boosters helps bridge the shortfall in district funding to provide support in 4 key areas:
- Supplemental funding from Boosters directly enables more kids to participate in M-A athletic programs and helps larger teams remain competitive with assistant coaching support
- Please donate today!
- Coach stipends
- Equipment & Officials
- Freshman Teams
What Athletic Boosters accomplishes with the help of its donors...
Did you know...
- Unlike academic funding, athletics funding is not proportional. As M-A continues to grow, our school experiences increasing demand for athletic opportunities without additional district funding to keep pace.
- District funding and gate receipts pay for less than 40% of the costs needed to support M-A athletes.
- To make matters worse, this year our fundraising efforts have been severely impacted by the pandemic and lengthy school closure.